Saturday, September 6, 2014

Starting Somewhere

"It would never happen to me." "It's been over 4yrs since my last c-section." "It's rare." "I'm never a 'rare' case." "It's less than 0.1%" chance." "It's only a 4% chance with a bigger baby." "It even more rarely ends in death." "VBAC's are safer than repeat c-sections." "It would never happen to me."

Except it did....

One of the worst, "rarest", things indeed happened to me. I thought that I had everything planned out, that I had researched enough to make the best decision for both me and my unborn daughter.  I was willing to have a repeat c-section, even though i didn't really want it. I was going to schedule it, the doctor put off scheduling it for only 2days...

Now what should be a joyous, chaotic, stressful happy time is nothing but a painful, lonely, lost, and confusing time.

One of the worst, "rarest", things happened to me. My uterus ruptured and my baby died.

No comments:

Post a Comment