Saturday, October 3, 2015

capture your grief:In Honor of

Today's project has me sharing about who I am doing the project in Honor of...well simply put I am doing it in honor of my precious Katherine Joy Christensen.

I carried her for 9beautiful months in my womb. She used to wake me up in the middle of the night, throwing herself a little party in my womb. Some evenings she would be moving so much there was no way I could possibly sleep. I did have one little trick though in getting her to calm down enough so that I could actually sleep. I would wake her daddy up and have him put his hand on my belly. He would rub my tummy and talk to her and Katherine would calm right down. I often imagine that she was soaking up her daddy's voice and touch. I look back on those sweet moments and smile because it was one of the few daddy daughter moments my husband would have with her.


The moment I first held her was so heartbreaking she was beautiful, perfect from head to toe, but lifeless. I longed for her to move, to open her eyes to look at me, I longed to hear her cry, to see her long for me the way I longed for her. All I had left of this beautiful girl that once moved countless times in my womb was her shell. She was a gorgeous 10lb 7oz baby girl with a little patch of brown hair and a face that resembles her brother Zachary. What I would give to hold her again. Sometimes I drive to her grave and sit and stare at her tombstone longing to dig her up and hold her again.


No comments:

Post a Comment