Thursday, October 30, 2014

3months

Fundraising for Molly Bears

We are fundraising for Molly Bears. Molly Bears is a non profit organization that custom makes weighted teddy bears for families that have suffered an infant loss. On, what would mark Katherine's 3month old anniversary, I wanted to mark the day by making an effort to give to other families suffering the same loss as we are something that will hopefully give their hearts a little comfort.

Currently Molly Bears have a wait time of 9months-1yr. However, if I am able to raise 450 through this fundraiser not only will our teddy bear be bumped up to the next months shipment I will also get the joy of choosing 9 other families bears to be bumped up as well. It will be my goal to choose families that have suffered a loss within the last year and to get them a bear in their arms to help their aching arms.

The anniversary date for Katherine is always a confusing day for me. As we found out that Katherine had died while I was in labor on July 30th...However, she was not delivered until 12:10am on the 31st. So I am always confused as to what day to honor her the most as both days are so important to me.

Yesterday, I had a moment where I was looking at a 3month old picture of my daughter Ellie and for a few seconds I was suprised because I thought it was a long lost picture of Katherine that I had just forgotten. As the seconds clicked by however I realized that I could see this child's eyes (where as I never got to see Katherine's) and I realized that it couldn't be a picture of Katherine because her eyes never opened. For those few seconds though I cherished a bit of life in Katherine, and I was reminded that though she never got to come home she lived so wonderfully in my womb for so many months. It was bitter sweet as I was reminded that I will not have any milestone moment photos of Katherine.

Please consider donating to Molly Bears through our fundraiser. All money goes directly to the organization and is completely safe and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment